Powerball Jackpot 10th largest in gaming history
Will you be the next Seacoast Powerball jackpot winner?
There have been 11 Powerball jackpot winning tickets (plus a MegaMillions jackpot) sold in New Hampshire since Powerball first became available in 1995, including three on the Seacoast.
Saturday’s Powerball jackpot reaches an annuity value of $ 635 million ($ 450 million in cash). It is the 6th biggest in the history of Powerball and the 10th biggest in the history of American lotteries. The jackpot has already increased once since the last Wednesday draw due to increased sales and could again before the 11pm Saturday night draw.
“Last week’s Powerball ticket sales here in New Hampshire topped $ 1.4 million and with the three highest jackpots of last week – Monday, Wednesday and tonight – ticket sales will be even higher. NH Lottery spokesperson Maura McCann told Seacoast Current. “With the $ 635 million jackpot up for grabs, ticket sales will be very active this afternoon until early evening. Good luck New Hampshire!”
The 11 New Hampshire Powerball winners, according to the NH Lottery:
- 1st Jackpot Winner: Dean Leighton of Chester, New Hampshire won $ 51 million (annuity option) on March 30, 1996. Ticket sold at Sandy’s Variety in Manchester
- 2nd jackpot winner: Mary and Jason Sanderson of Manchester, New Hampshire, who won $ 66 million (annuity option) on December 17, 1997. Ticket sold at NN Express in Manchester
- 3rd jackpot winner: PB 10 and PB 90 Trust of Lewiston, Maine which won $ 25 million (annuity option) on January 7, 1998. Ticket sold at Stateline Store Center Conway
- 4th Jackpot Winner: Sidonia Trust of New York, New York which won $ 38 million (cash option) on January 16, 1999. Ticket sold at Isinglass Country store in Center Strafford
- 5th jackpot winner: Pat and Erwin Wales of Bar Mills, Maine who won $ 41.4 million (cash option) on August 27, 2001. Ticket sold at Cumberland Farms in Rollinsford
- 6th Jackpot Winner: Nicholas and Carolyn Zayka of Bolton, Massachusetts, who won $ 42.9 million (cash option) on May 12, 2002. Ticket sold at PK Zylas Texaco – Weirs Beach
- 7th jackpot winner: Aeetos Trust of North Conway, New Hampshire, Rosemary Centola, Watertown, Massachusetts and Lawrence Centola, Watertown, Massachusetts which won $ 70 million (cash option) on August 30, 2003. Ticket sold at the State Line Store at Center Conway
- 8th Jackpot Winner: The Bow Trust of Portland, Maine which won $ 46 million (Cash Option) on February 4, 2004. Ticket sold at Gary’s Beverage in Portsmouth
- 9th jackpot winner: Dale Chellis and Toni Sergott of Lake Zurich, Illinois, who won $ 31.9 million on April 28, 2007. Ticket sold at Plymouth Liquor Store, Plymouth
- 10th jackpot winner: Robin Egg 2016 Nominee Trust which won $ 341.7 million (cash option) on July 30, 2016. Ticket sold to supermarket Hannaford, Raymond
- Winner of the 11th Jackpot: Good Karma 2018 Family Trust of Merrimack, NH which won $ 352 million (cash option) on January 6, 2018. Ticket sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack