From sex toys to spiders – what college students try to stock up on over the summer
Students are heading home for the summer, and storage provider Kit Keeper has revealed the 10 weirdest things they’ve been asked to deal with in their storage facilities. Students pick up a lot of weird things in college, and they probably wouldn’t want their parents to see them.
With the cost of living skyrocketing, public transport prices rising, and gas becoming more expensive than ever, students are looking for new options to save them and their parents unnecessary commutes. during summer.
One option is to store the property over the summer rather than bringing it home and then bringing it back to college.
10 weird things students want to tidy up this summer
- A living tarantula – Kit Keeper was asked to keep a tarantula alive during summer vacation, terrifying.
- Boxes and cartons of sex toys – No one wants their mother to find her collection when she returns home for the summer. Requests poured in for students seeking to hide their stash. In previous summers, Kit Keeper staff reported hearing containers “buzz” before finding a collection of over 70 toys.
- Lifesize Celebrity Cardboard Cutouts – Students asked to stock cardboard cutouts of the entire Kardashian family, even newcomers Pete and Travis. They were also asked to stock One Direction cardboard cutouts.
- A 7 foot shisha – Some habits you don’t want your parents to know about.
- Enough lingerie for a Victoria’s Secret fashion show – Students eager to impress this rugby player they met at SU have built a whole collection of lingerie it seems. Beats waking up next to someone dressed as a smurf.
- An 8kg block of brie – Tasty but incredibly smelly.
- An assortment of porn magazines – There is nothing wrong with a little self-esteem, and for some students there is a lot of self-esteem.
- 523 rubber ducks – Where do you buy so many rubber duckies?
- A huge collection of disguises including a Colin the Caterpillar outfit – Student parties are known for their wacky costumes, but this student had been working hard on his homemade Colin masterpiece.
- A traffic cone – Turns out the student cliché isn’t dead. Kit Keeper does not advocate theft!
Michael McCreadie, Founder of Kit Keeper added: “I’m no longer surprised when it comes to what students ask if they can stock up, college is about discovering yourself after all, isn’t it? A personal highlight for me was the 15 liters of hot sauce we were asked to take care of, but it’s always fun to see what today’s students acquire during their studies”.
There are some things you can’t store
There are certain rules about what you can and cannot store for health and safety reasons, so always check if you are unsure. Prohibited items include:
- Musical instruments in soft cases
- Mirrors or large glass objects
- Food and perishables, including sauces
- Antiques (breakable and fragile)
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living creature
- Any item that emits fumes, odor or odor