Dominique Ansel Las Vegas opens at Caesars Palace
Creative confections, decadent desserts and, of course, the Cronut have arrived at Dominique Ansel Las Vegas at Caesars Palace. James Beard Award-winning pastry chef Dominique Ansel opened his bakery and showcased his unique Vegas “Lucky 7” collection, Cookie Shots, Frozen S’mores, Cronut Flavor of the Month, and more at the station.
Dominique Ansel Las Vegas officially opened on Friday, October 21 to enthusiastic guests, including the first four guests who traveled to Las Vegas overnight from Southern California and lined up at 6 a.m. The first 100 people received a special gift to celebrate the occasion. Chef Dominique Ansel and executives from Caesars Entertainment were joined by a traditional procession of the royal court from Caesars Palace to unveil the bakery. The group ceremonially toasted the chef’s signature Cookie Shots to commemorate the opening.
“Chef Dominique Ansel is one of the most esteemed pastry chefs in the world,” said Sean McBurney, regional president of Caesars Entertainment. “It’s been a long time coming for her bakery to open. Her creations are the perfect complement to our extraordinary culinary offerings at Caesars Palace.”
Chef Dominique Ansel has created signature pastries exclusively for Caesars Palace, including a Cronut flavor that changes monthly and never repeats. The first Cronut flavor presented is Lucky Cherry Chambord and Caramelia. Available until November 30, the pastry is topped with Chambord cherry jam and Valrhona Caramelia ganache (caramelized milk chocolate).
“I’m so thrilled to finally bring Dominique Ansel Las Vegas to life and have a home here at Caesars Palace,” said chef Dominique Ansel. “We were so humbled and honored to welcome guests from all over the world. For each of our shops, we strive to make each menu unique, and we hope that our ‘Lucky 7’ pastry collection will bring good fortune to everyone here. . I can’t wait to share what we have planned for our future menu creations.”
Exclusively available at Dominique Ansel Las Vegas, the “Lucky 7” collection symbolizes good fortune and includes:
- Lucky Penny Pig – Creamy milk chocolate, homemade raspberry jam and salted peanuts feuilletine are sandwiched between vanilla shortbread cookies to create a pig, which is topped with a lucky golden chocolate penny.
- Ladybug – Mascarpone mousse with elderflower, fresh strawberry compote, strawberry jelly, soft mousseline and lychee meringue make up a mini garden watering can, which ends with a small chocolate ladybug.
- Goldfish – Tropical flavors of calamansi coconut mousse, diced fresh mango, passion fruit mango jelly and coconut dacquoise make up a goldfish, complete with hand painted white chocolate fins.
- Four Leaf Clover – Coffee mousse topped with a hazelnut dacquoise, dark chocolate cream and crispy feuilletine to create a four-leaf clover.
- Fortune cookie – A Breton shortbread base is topped with a jasmine tea cream and a lemon cream. A white chocolate “fortune” pops out of the cookie, wishing good luck in Las Vegas.
- Feather – A vanilla shortbread cookie is filled with chestnut mousse, banana jam, orange marmalade and banana cake and is topped with a white chocolate nib.
- Evil Eye Lightning – A classic French éclair is filled with black currant jam and Valrhona Caramelia whipped ganache.
Patrons can also sample many of Chef Dominique’s signature creations, from the best-selling DKA (Dominique’s Kouign Amann) to Cookie Shots, Frozen S’mores and Mini Madeleines cooked to order. In addition, a selection of classic French croissants and pastries will be baked daily, prepared with Beurre d’Isigny butter and Les Grands Moulins de Paris flour imported from France.
Dominique Ansel Las Vegas at Caesars Palace spans over 1,100 square feet and offers cafe-style seating for 20 people. Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily; the bakery is next to the Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill.