25 things you didn’t know about her
What is going on inside the palace walls? Queen elizabeth ii is the longest-reigning British monarch in history, making her one of the most interesting people in the world. Although she has been in the public eye her entire life, there are still things most people don’t know about her, so Us weekly put together 25 fun facts about the ruler.
Scroll down for more on the 95-year-old royal:
1. The Queen is so frugal that she keeps rubber bands – and has a giant rubber band to show for it!
2. She regularly walks around her homes turning off the lights to save energy.
3. She always carries a purse.
4. Her bags are tailor-made and completely unique to her. No one else has them.
5. In her purse, she always has a small compact lipstick and a white linen handkerchief with the initial “E”.
6. She also always wears neutral nail polish.
7. Her most important possessions are her shipping box keys, which unlock confidential information between her and her government ministers, and her family.
8. She carries the keys on a Saint-Christophe chain that her father gave her.
9. The Queen prefers the company of ordinary people to that of royals and celebrities.
10. His favorite place is his Balmoral estate in Scotland.
11. She especially enjoys talking to anyone interested in horses, dogs or the countryside.
12. She is good at accents, especially the Scottish and London dialects of the East End.
13. She loves jokes and loves to laugh!
14. His sense of humor is incredibly dry.
15. Chocolate is his guilty pleasure.
16. She prefers Kit Kats and Cadbury to fancy stuff.
17. She doesn’t like modern technology; she prefers an old-fashioned newspaper to reading on her phone.
18. As a homeschooled person, she has always been a bit lonely.
19. With the birth of Princess Beatricedaughter of in September, she now has 12 great-grandchildren.
20. She only recently stopped riding, at age 95!
21. The Queen has Earl Gray tea at 5 p.m.
22. Her Majesty was recently advised to give up cocktails, but when she drank she opted for a gin and Dubonnet.
23. She doesn’t like to fuss. Once, when her fish was not cooked, she refused to complain for fear of getting the chef into trouble.
24. It is a bit formal. She treats her staff with respect but is not as friendly to them as Duchess Kate and Prince william are with theirs.
25. She said she would have been happy to be a farmer’s wife!